The web offers a variety of guides and tutorials on how to optimize your content so that it ranks high in your search. But which of these instructions really works and works well for WordPress blogs? We have decided to list 10 WordPress SEO tips that will make your personal or corporate blog shine on the web, no matter what niche relationship you have.
- 1 1. Choose a responsive design
- 2 2. Make your content powerful and powerful
- 3 3. Optimize the title of the post
- 4 4. Make the permalink short and clear
- 5 5. Add internal links between blog posts
- 6 6. Optimize image file names
- 7 7. Use social media
- 8 8. Exchange backlink
- 9 9. Create a site map
- 10 10. Use SEO friendly themes
1. Choose a responsive design
Does your WordPress blog provide web readers with a seamless browsing experience on all modern devices? Making your blog completely responsive ensures that it provides web visitors with a fun UX and gets a higher ranking in search results.
Choose a responsive design
In one of the latest updates to its search algorithm, Google states that its mobile-friendly design further enhances the ranking of mobile search results. Therefore, if you want your website to be more accessible to your online community, make sure your blog works the same in any web environment.
2. Make your content powerful and powerful
You will never get tired of repeating that the content is king. You can discuss the future success and demand for online resources based on the quality of the data shared on your blog. Create valuable data related to web resource topics. When you write, remember what type of post is your target audience and is the most shareable and commented.
3. Optimize the title of the post
Pay particular attention to the title when working on a blog post. Well-written and eye-catching headlines are the path to success. Start with a practical title. Make it concrete, accurate, attractive and interesting.
- Use clarifications such as Interviews, Podcasts, and Infographics to help you set clear expectations.Therefore, your readers will know exactly what they see after they open your post.
- Cut it short, please. There is no one-size-fits-all rule for the optimal length of a post title. This depends, at best, on the goals you pursue. If you want the title of your blog post to appear properly in search results, use less than 70 characters. In this way, search engines do not reduce the length of post titles.
- Use numbers and statistics.
- How-to articles have long been popular with web users.
- Don’t forget to add the focus keyword to the post title.
4. Make the permalink short and clear
Permalinks and link structures are important from a search engine perspective. There are disagreements about the best structure of permalinks, but Google clearly states that permalinks need to be as simple and intelligent as humans, so they are of interest to search engines and searches. You can easily find the content.
- The optimum length of the permalink should be up to 100 characters.
- Please use keywords. Don’t overload them with permalinks.
- Separate the words with a hyphen and omit the stop words such as “and”, “or”, “but”, and “at”.
- Do not use dynamic properties (if possible).
how to setting SEO friendly permalink click here
5. Add internal links between blog posts
The majority of your audience accessing web resources can consist of first-time visitors who know little or no about the topics previously highlighted on your site. Internal links between posts can improve site manifold navigation. While adding quick links to related publications, we suggest other articles that will be useful to the reader reading the post. As a result, user engagement is improved and the average time spent on the blog is longer.
6. Optimize image file names
Images as well as text are ranked by Google. Therefore, if you want to increase user engagement, consider adding an appropriate name to your image file. You may have noticed that Google is displaying both text and images on the search results page, showing related images added to the body of the blog. Clicking on an image on Google will take you to the page where the image was published.
Instead of keeping the default filenames generated by your digital camera, use descriptive words or phrases in the filenames. Also, don’t forget to use the alt and title tags for each image. Also, see this ultimate image optimization guide for more information on image formats and SEO tips.
7. Use social media
Today, everyone has a social media profile. So why not share your publication on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+? Social media marketing is a great way to generate new traffic. Have your social media followers track your updates and don’t just promote yourself. Share articles from other blogs and sites that you enjoy. Create promotional content that combines educational posts with fun data. Make your social media profile useful to your viewers.
8. Exchange backlink
Regardless of which industry your site is associated with, there are always trendsetters that the web community refers to more often than unknown names. Your industry also includes such trendsetters. These may be official websites or other blogs. So get in touch with them for the purpose of exchanging links to pages / topics related to what you have highlighted in your own web portal.
9. Create a site map
WordPress resources can contain a large number of pages. To index on Google, search engines need to know the structure of your site. Create a site map that will do this job perfectly.
WordPress includes a number of plugins that you can use to properly optimize your page’s SEO. One of them is Google XML Sitemap. This is a free WordPress plugin that automatically generates a sitemap for your site, allowing Google to index your blog more efficiently.
10. Use SEO friendly themes
There are thousands of off-the-shelf WordPress themes to choose from from your blog, both free and premium. Fast and mobile-friendly, these are usually optimized for fast and perfect performance on modern search engines. For example, TemplateMonster’s WordPress blog theme saves time in properly optimizing pages and content and makes your project more visible on the web.
Use the tips above to help you find your content on the web. Try different techniques for proper data optimization, attract viewers through search engines, visit WordPress blogs, and never go to competitors’ sites.